48th Virginia Scottish Games
Eastern United States Piping Band Association - Piping and Drumming Competitions
Solo piping competitions are held for Amateurs in Grades V through I and for Professionals in the Open Grade. All events are sanctioned and conducted under the rules of the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association, the EUSPBA.
Individual drumming competitions are held for snare, tenor and bass drummers. As in the case for pipers, drumming events are sanctioned and conducted by Grade.
Rules, Procedures and Information:
- Competitors must register online - entries close August 22nd. Tickets are printable through ticketleap. Field entries for Drumming events will be accepted with an additional fee.
- Band registration is through ticketleap - 1 ticket will be produced at the time of registration. Additional tickets will be sent via email once a Band roster is provided to Helen Harlow at: [email protected]
- In order to receive a Band parking pass a hard copy of the Band roster with a SASE needs to be sent to Helen Harlow at 24 Highlander Drive, Frederickburg, VA 22406
- All advanced entries will include an admission ticket to the Games.
- All competitors, except for PC, must wear suitable Highland attire.
- Band representatives meeting will be held at 10:00am.
- A travel allowance for bands will be paid based on mileage. To receive the travel allowance, bands must compete and participate in all massed bands. IRS form W-9 found here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf must be completed and submitted to Helen Harlow at: [email protected]
- Medals will be awarded in Individual Piping and Drumming events. Cash prizes will be awarded in all Professional events.
- Bands will receive trophies for 1st place plus cash prizes for 1st through 3rd place.
- EUSPBA rules will apply. Decisions by the Judges, Stewards and Piping and Drumming Committee are final.
- The Virginia Scottish Games reserves the right to cancel any event for which insufficient entries are received.
For additional information or questions, please contact Helen Harlow at (540)-373-4890 or email [email protected]